Tuesday, August 27, 2013/lk
OMAK - A house that had caught fire twice before over the past dozen years was destroyed in an early morning blaze Aug. 25.
The fire, at 701 Jackson St., is considered suspicious since there was no electrical service and it was vacant, Fire Chief Kevin Bowling said.
"There was a party going on next door," he said.
Okanogan County Assessor's Office tax records list the owner as Harriet Stumm.
Bowling said Omak firefighters were called at 4 a.m. Since the house already had been extensively damaged in two previous fires, they burned it the rest of the way.