Wednesday, December 4, 2013/lk
OMAK — Secondary band and choir students will ring in the holiday with a winter concert at 7 p.m. Dec. 16 in the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St.
The free concert date coincides with Beethoven’s birthday, music teacher Don Pearce said.
Performers include the sixth-grade band, seventh- and eighth-grade band, seventh- and eighth-grade choir, high school concert choir and advanced choir and high school concert band.
“Music will be a mixture of holiday and other selections,” Middle School Principal Kathy Miller said.
Other music and holiday programs in the area include:
• The elementary music program will be at 6 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, in the school gym, 503 S. Seventh St.
• Junior and senior high students will give their music program at 6 p.m. Dec. 11 in the school gym, 503 S. Seventh St.
• First- through third-grade students will give a concert at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 in the school gym, 1400 Tacoma Ave.
• A concert by fourth- and fifth-graders will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 in the school gym. The fifth-grade beginning band and a first- through sixth-grade choir also will perform.
An elementary Christmas program will be at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 12 in the main gym, 47 Curlew School Road.
The Christmas music program will be at 6 p.m. Dec. 19 at the school, 2 Hornet Ave.
A Christmas program, “The Mice Before Christmas,” will start at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 19 at the school, 17 S. School Road.
All grades are involved, with students in second- through fourth-grades leading the way.
A Christmas concert will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 at the school, 491 Road 14 N.E. Students from kindergarten through sixth-grade will perform, along with a staff choir.
Preschoolers and older students may also perform.
Santa is scheduled to arrive at the end of the concert and will hear children’s Christmas wishes in the lunchroom after the concert. Treat bags will be given.
A winter concert will be from 1-2 p.m. Dec. 20. at the elementary school, 18 Twin Lakes Road, Winthrop.
A holiday program will be at 6 p.m. Dec. 19 at the school, 229 School Loop Road.
• The middle-high school music program will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 18 at the school, 244 N. Fifth Ave. A National Honor Society toy drive is planned.
• First-graders will carol during the Family Reading Night at 6:15 p.m. Thursday at the school, 1118 S. Fifth Ave.
• A Project Proud holiday assembly is planned for 1:45 p.m. Dec. 19. Okanogan Valley Chorus members will perform holiday songs and lead a sing-along.
The winter recital, “A Christmas Carol,” will be at 6 p.m. Dec. 16 in the gym, 374 Fourth Ave.
A soup and bread dinner is planned at 5 p.m.
• Fourth- through sixth-grade students will give a Christmas concert at 7 p.m. Dec. 12 at the school, 816 Juniper St.
• Kindergarten through third-grade music students will perform at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 18 in the elementary school gym, 916 Juniper St.
The program features Christmas and pop songs.
• Junior and senior high music students will give their winter/holiday concert at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 in the high school commons, 1008 Ironwood St.
The winter concert will be Dec. 12 at the school, 344 Beach St.
Elementary students will perform at 6 p.m., followed by secondary students at 7 p.m.
Paschal Sherman Indian School
A Christmas program for family and community members will be at 5 p.m. Dec. 18 in the school gym, 25 Mission Road, Omak.
The program features students in kindergarten through eighth-grade, plus individual students. They will sing Christmas songs, play instruments, display art decorations, demonstrate sign language, line dance and recite poetry.
A candlelight procession is planned, along with a traditional round dance song.
Santa will visit, and he and his helpers will give out candy.
Portraits will be offered, with the first one free.
Refreshments will follow.
The winter concert will be at 6 p.m. Dec. 19 in the high school gym, 30306 E. state Highway 20.
It will feature music by students in kindergarten through high school.
The Christmas concert, featuring middle school and high school bands and choirs, will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 in the high school commons, 35 state Highway 20.
Each group will perform a variety of holiday music.
Admission will be charged; students and children age 12 and younger will be admitted free.