Wednesday, December 25, 2013/lk
TONASKET Boise Cascade Wood Products, of Kettle Falls, was the apparent high bidder for timber that was harvested from the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
The U.S. Forest Service accepted sealed bids for a timber sale Dec. 17 that will result in more than 9 million board feet being harvested from the Tonasket Ranger District.
The timber will be harvested from project sites near Aeneas Mountain, about 15 miles northeast of Omak.
Timber value is determined in a manner similar to home appraisals. U.S. Forest Service personnel develop an advertised rate for the timber sale based upon similar sales sold the past 12 months on Eastern Washington national forests. Annual timber targets for the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest the past decade have ranged between 35 and 50 million board feet.
More like this story
- (2014-061 Jan. 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- (2014-206 April 16) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-239 May 6) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-218 April 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE