Tuesday, December 31, 2013
HYAK State Department of Transportation officials are planning to close one westbound lane of Snowqualmie Pass on Thursday morning.
The closure, which is expected to cause "minor" delays, will allow road crews to install a new concrete barrier near the snowshed at Milepost 58.
State crews and contractors will close the lane at 8 a.m., officials said. If all goes as planned, it is expected to be reopened at 1 p.m.
More like this story
- Tree removal to prompt westbound I-90 closure Sunday
- State Highway 2 through Tumwater Canyon reopens
- Survey seeks drivers' input on lane striping visibility over Snoqualmie Pass
- Mountain snowfall prompts more of North Cascades Highway closure
- Heavy snowfall prompts closure of North Cascades Highway for the winter