Wednesday, November 13, 2013/lk
OMAK Charter Communications is expanding its high-definition channels to Okanogan County customers as part of an all-digital upgrade planned for the beginning of December.
The upgrade means digital equipment will be required for all Charter customers beginning Dec. 3 as the company will clear all analog signals from its local network.
The change will pave the way for customers to add more than 150 high-definition channels.
“By replacing these outdated analog signals, we gain back a tremendous amount of bandwidth in our network that allows us to offer more HD channels for our customers,” said Frank Antonovich, vice president and general manager for Charter in Washington. “In the space we previously needed for a single analog channel, we can now provide multiple standard definition digital channels or HD channels.”
More like this story
- 820- (2013-538 Oct. 23) Legal Notice
- 820- (2013-537 Oct. 23) Legal Notice
- (2013-594 Nov. 13) Legal Notice Communities Served: City of Okanogan, WA; City of Omak, WA
- (2013-593 Nov. 13) Legal Notice Communities Served: Oroville, WA; County of Okanogan, WA; Tonasket, WA
- Folks can be clueless in dry conditions