Monday, January 13, 2014
SPRAGUE The Spokane District of the Bureau of Land Management will conduct prescribed burns in the Fishtrap area of Spokane and Lincoln counties between Jan. 15 and Feb. 28.
Federal officials said about 1,150 acres will be burned in five different areas.
Motorists and outdoorsman may notice smoke in the areas during and after the burns, officials said, noting the goal of the burns is to reduce fire hazard and intensity later this year.
Prescribed burns also help manage forests and rangelands and resort habitats and ecosystems, officials said.
The legal descriptions of the prescribed fire areas are Township 21 North, Range 39 East, Sections 1, 2, 11, and 12; Township 21 North, Range 40 East, Section 6; Township 22 North, Range 39 East, Section 36; Township 22 North, Range 40 East, Sections 29, 30, and 31.
Information about the BLM’s fire program is available here.
More like this story
- (2014-098 Feb. 19) PUBLIC NOTICE The Colville Tribes Land Use Review Board will be holding a public hearing to make a ruling on the following Land Use Development application for a conditional use:
- Spring burning planned in Chelan Ranger District
- Entiat Ranger District plans to burn 2,200 acres
- (2014-034 Jan. 15 & 22) NOTICE TO PUBLIC
- Spring burning delayed by unfavorable weather